Individual Advising

Students who seek individual advising are not able to register without first seeing an advisor who will remove your advising hold. Students should be familiar with and able to use your Online Services account.

Who is my MCOM advisor?

You will be assigned an MCOM advisor who will assist you during your entire career at Towson University. You can find your advisor by logging into your Online Services account. Once you are in Online Services, go to SA Self Service --> Learner Services --> Academics --> View My Advisor. If you don't see an advisor assigned, contact the MCOM Department at 410-704-3431.

Log-in to your online services account.

How do I prepare for my advising session?

Check your online services account for your assigned registration date and review your academic requirements report by logging into your online services account. Your academic requirements report (located in your student center) shows the total credits you have earned and need to graduate; the number of upper level credits you have earned and need to graduate; the completion of need of completion of GenEds; courses you have completed in you major; your major GPA and your overall GPA.

The academic requirements report is the official document used by the department and the graduation office to evaluate if you have completed the requirements for the degree. It is your responsibility to monitor your academic requirements report for discrepancies. Discrepancies should be immediately reported to your advisor

How do I register?

Once you have completed advising and your registration hold has been removed, register for classes by logging into your online services account and selecting your courses.

Students are expected to familiarize themselves with their undergraduate catalog and degree requirements. As the Towson University catalog states, “Failure to satisfy all published degree requirements does not provide a basis for exceptions to academic requirements or policies. It is expected that students will receive assistance from general academic and faculty advisers, but students must assume responsibility for completing published degree requirements.”