Experience the Department of Music
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a music major at Towson University? The Department of Music offers two different experiences that will help to give you the answer. Every October, we host "Music Major for a Day," an open house for high school juniors in which prospective students can participate in our masterclasses, rehearsals, and academic classes and hear a showcase recital of current students. Or for a more personalized visit, see below for information on "Shadow Days."
Prospective students are invited to register for a "Shadow Day," a personalized visit to the Department of Music that can include the following experiential activities, tailored to your specific time constraints and needs:
- Take a free lesson (instrument/voice/composition) with a member of our faculty
- Meet TU students within your particular area of interest
- Attend a class alongside TU music students
- Meet with the Assistant to the Chair for information about our degree programs, applying to the Department of Music, scholarships, or to address any questions you may have
- Parents are welcome to meet with an academic advisor too
Register for a "Shadow Day" to experience first-hand our quality programs ans instruction. Learn from current music majors, faculty and staff what it means to study music at TU. We look forward to meeting you!
Please fill out the registration form. A Department of Music representative will contact you soon to arrange your visit.