The Student Research Symposium is an excellent opportunity for Towson University students
to showcase their research and ideas in a public forum. This fall, because we are
meeting virtually, this will take place on Blackboard (on the Community site 'Student
Research Forum'). Students may present their work in a live session (via Zoom) or through prerecorded presentations on VoiceThread. All students are eligible to
present their work by registering.
The Student Research Symposium is hosted by the Department of Biological Sciences . Undergraduate and graduate students will showcase their scientific research conducted
at Towson University.
Attendance at the live session is NOT required for students to submit and present,
but it is encouraged.
- Live session is Friday, December 4th, 2020 11:00am-1:00pm
- Attendance at live session not required, even for judging
- Awards (including gift cards) for best presentations
- Pre-recorded presentations will be available to view on 12/4
- Live sessions will be recorded so that they can be viewed after the symposium
Students must register online by 6:00pm EST on Tuesday, November 17th, 2020.
You can submit your poster for judging (this is required if you are enrolled in BIOL
491) during registration. There will be two categories, one for undergraduate and
one for graduate students. See the judging rubric for details about the judging criteria.
Winners will be announced before the conclusion of the semester and in TU Today. First
place winners will receive a $75 gift card; second place winners will receive a $50
gift card, and third place winners will receive a $25 prize or gift card. Honorable
mentions may also be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
Please enroll in the "Student Research Forum" Community on Blackboard and check the site for additional details.
Contact Katherine Sayers.