The Jess Fisher FCSM Scholarship is closed for the 2023-2024 academic year. Submissions for the 2024-2025 academic year will open October
The Jess and Mildred Fisher College of Science and Mathematics (FCSM) announces the
Jess Fisher FCSM Scholarship in memory of Cecilia Fisher Rudman, a donor-funded endowed scholarship for incoming freshmen students committed to major
in a program housed in the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics. This scholarship
is renewable up to three additional years as long as the student remains a major in
the Fisher College.
Recipients of the jess Fisher FCSM Scholarship receive the following additional benefits.
- Encourage admission into the Honors College at Towson University (application required)
- Undergraduate research opportunities, conducting research projects with faculty in the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
- A personal faculty mentor who will guide the academic pursuits of the Fisher Scholar
throughout his or her undergraduate career
- Opportunities to pursue internships in business, industry and government agencies
- Opportunities to study abroad and away
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Fall 2024 incoming freshmen admitted to pursue a major in a program housed in the
Fisher College of Science and Mathematics.
- Enrolled as a full-time student in Fall 2024 (at least 12 credit hours).
- Demonstrate outstanding academic potential based on high school record, especially
in science and mathematics courses, SAT/ACT scores (optional), a personal statement
of career plans, and letters of reference from high school teachers.
Covers the full cost of in-state tuition and fees for the 2024–2025 academic year,
and is renewable up to an additional three years.