The Jess and Mildred Fisher College of Science and Mathematics (FCSM) announces the
availability of a Michele M. Cooper M.D. Scholarship, a donor-funded scholarship for an incoming freshmen student from an Anne Arundel
County High School who is committed to major in a program housed in the Fisher College
of Science and Mathematics. This scholarship is renewable up to four years as long
as the student remains a major in the Fisher College and in academic good standing.
Listed below is the general information about this scholarship.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- A graduate of an Anne Arundel County High School.
- Preference for a first generation student (neither parent completed college).
- Have a high school GPA of 3.1 or higher.
- Must have unmet financial need.
- Intend to declare a major in the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics and attend
Towson University full-time.
- Renewable up to 4 years with a college G.P.A. of 3.5.
Award Amount: $5,000
- Complete the Michele M. Cooper M.D. Scholarship Application (PDF).
- Include the required personal statement (no more than one page) which focuses on your
- Arrange for letters of recommendation to be submitted by two science or math teachers
at your high school using the Michele M. Cooper M.D, Scholarship Teacher Recommendation Form (PDF).
- Complete a Towson University Undergraduate Admission Form and arrange to have your
high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores forwarded to Towson.
Note: Test Scores. TU is test-optional for fall 2021, meaning test scores are not required. If you submit test scores, your SAT and ACT
scores must be sent from the testing agency to be considered official. We will not
accept test scores reported on high school transcripts.
Test ID for SAT: 5404
Test ID for ACT: 1718.
Notification: Applicants will be notified by April 30th.
Return completed application by U.S. mail addressed to:
- Michele Cooper M.D. Scholarship
c/o Office of the Dean Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
Smith Hall 312
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252-0001