Towson University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus.
If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of your job or access a benefit of employment, contact the Office of Human Resources via email or call 410-704-2162.
A reasonable accommodation is a modification to job duties, the work environment or other conditions of employment to enable an employee to perform their job despite having a disability. Under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the university is required to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities unless doing so would pose an undue hardship or effectively eliminate an essential function of the position.
Qualified employees are those who hold the necessary degrees, knowledge, skills and experience for the job and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation. A disability is defined by the ADA as an impairment (either physical or mental) which substantially limits one or more major life activity, or being regarded as having such an impairment.
Requesting an Accommodation
Employees requesting an accommodation should:
- Complete the Faculty and Staff Accommodation Request Form
- Have their treating healthcare provider complete the Medical Certification Form and send it to the OHR via email or fax
- Discuss accommodation needs with the proper supervisor and OHR to ensure the most suitable options are developed
Additional Reasonable Accommodation Resources
- Towson University Policy 06.21.00 - Information on Towson's policy for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
- Towson University Policy 06.18.00 - Information on Towson's policy for animals on campus
- Campus Accessibility Guide
- EEOC - Facts about the ADA
- United States Department of Justice - Civil Rights Division
- National Information Rehabilitation Center