Towson University hosts many large and small events throughout the year on all areas
of the campus. Please follow all posted signs and staff directions before parking
on campus for events.
TU commencement ceremonies are back! TU graduates should look out for information
from Parking & Transportation Services regarding parking in early November 2021 for
Graduates should read all information on the commencement flyer and permit to familiarize
themselves and guests with the following:
- Time of ceremony
- Time parking lots are open
- Entrance for parking (North or South)
- Lot information for graduate robing
- Accessibility parking details for permit holders and non-permit holders
- General parking for guests without a permit
For more information contact Parking & Transportation Services at upark AT_TOWSON or 410-704-PARK, select option #1. If you need further details about commencement,
please visit TU's Commencement page.
Please Note: Any graduate who may not have received their correct parking permit in the mail may
make arrangements to pick up their permits at the Parking & Transportation Office
located on the ground level of the Union Garage at one of the scheduled times to be
posted in November 2021.
Permit Pick-up Schedule
Graduates who are picking up their permits, must come in person and bring their TU
ID. In addition, those exchanging parking permits must bring the permits that were
Winter Commencement Permit Pick-Up Schedule to be posted in November 2021.
Event Parking Guidelines
- Departments and Event Coordinators must coordinate parking arrangements with Parking &
Transportation Services for any event using 10 or more parking spaces.
- Complete and Submit an Event Parking & Transportation Request Form prior to committing to an event, date or location.
- Parking Availability: Limited during peak times (Monday-Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Event parking
is generally provided during these times in the West Village Garage and the lots near
SECU Arena and Johnny Unitas Stadium.
- Parking & Transportation Services will determine the parking location for event attendees.
For groups with assigned parking that is not close to the event location, participants
can ride the On-Campus Gold Route Shuttle or arrange for Charter Bus Service.
Center for the Arts Events
- Parking Information: Follow direction of signs and printed materials on parking locations for the event.
Visitor parking is in Lot 4 (next to Johnny Unitas Stadium), Union Garage (across
from the Center for the Arts). If the event is during enforcement hours (Monday through
Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) visitors
must purchase a Visitor Parking Permit and park in a designated visitor area. Visitor
paystations are located in both Lot 4 and the Union Garage. Ensure to have your license
plate at time of purchase at the paystation.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking spaces are located in both Lot 4 and the Union Garage. Visitors
must display both an Accessible plate/placard and a valid TU parking permit (if during enforcement
hours). Paratransit Service is available to those with mobility issues.
Unless otherwise directed by a police officer, park in a legal space. Fire lanes
must remain clear at all times. Please follow the directions of parking staff and
police officers posted at and near all residence halls.
- During Move-In, designated spaces will be located near each residence hall.
- Vehicles may only be parked in “Move-In” spaces for a maximum of 20 minutes. A permit
is not required while parked in a "Move-In" space. However, once vehicles are loaded,
you will need to move your vehicle to a legal Core, Overflow, or Resident space.
- All vehicles must be parked in a legal space. At no time is any vehicle permitted
to be parked in fire lanes, in a roadway, on sidewalks, on grass, or an otherwise
reserved space (even for a few minutes).
- Only vehicles displaying a state-issued accessible license plate/placard may be parked
in an accessible space. If moving after move-in dates, vehicles must have both the handicap license plate/placard and a valid TU parking permit to park in accessible spaces.
- The walkway at West Village, near Lot 1 , will be open to vehicles for loading daily
during stated times. There is no access through Millennium Hall. Please follow the
directions of posted signs and on-duty staff members. Outside of these times, vehicles
must be parked in a legal space or use a “Move In” space.
- The Gold shuttles will be available beginning each evening during Move-In beginning
at 5 p.m.
Unless otherwise directed by a police officer, residents will still need to abide
by the guidelines below. Here's what you need to know and monitor TU Today Announcements:
- Designated 30 minute “move-out” spaces will be located near each residence hall.
- Residents will be allowed access to the West Village walkway and the Glen Towers’
access road to load their belongings during a set timeframe.
- Vehicles may only be on the walkway or Glen access road for 15 minutes to load.
Residents must bring their belongings to the loading area before moving their vehicle
there. In addition, residents should follow the directions of posted signage and stationed
- Vehicles may only be parked in “move-out” spaces for a maximum of 30 minutes. Once
vehicles are loaded, they must be moved to a legal core, overflow, or resident space.
- Other than the dates and locations previously stated above, vehicles must park in
a “move-out” space or other legal space.
- For safety, residents are not permitted to park in fire lanes, in a roadway, on a
sidewalk, on grass, or an otherwise reserved space (even for a few minutes).
- As a reminder, only vehicles displaying state-issued accessibility license plates
or permits may be parked in accessibility spaces.
- Illegally parked vehicles may be cited and towed the owner's expense.
High School Graduations
- Permit Parking: Those who have been issued a parking permit by their school administrator will be
directed to park in Lot 7 near SECU Arena. Please follow the directions of signs and
- General Parking: Available in Lots 4, 5 and 6 near SECU Arena. Please follow the directions of signs
- Accessible Parking: Those with valid Accessible Plates/Placards will be directed to park in Lot 8 near
SECU Arena. Please follow directions of signs and staff.
- Shuttle Service: Paratransit Service is available for those with limited mobility. Please see Parking
Attendant if assistance is required. Additional Shuttles may be available based on
your school's request.
- Please Note: Lots open 90 minutes before ceremony start time. Please follow the directions of
signs and staff. Check with Parking Attendant for further questions. (PDF Map)
- Basketball, Lacrosse: In order to accommodate fans, the following lots may be restricted: Lots 4, 5,
6, 7 and 8 near SECU Arena and Johnny Unitas Stadium. Other lots as designated by
Parking & Transportation Services may be restricted at various times. Please follow
directional signs posted on highways and direction of staff. Anyone wishing to park
in a restricted lot must display a pre-issued Game Day permit. See Athletics for more information and to purchase individual or season tickets.
- Football Parking Information: All lots around Johnny Unitas Stadium will close 6 hours before game time and open
4 hours prior to game time. Game day permits are required to park in lots 6, 7 and
8. Lots 4 and 5 and all core campus garages will be available for general parking
(no permit required). Osler Medical Center parking lot is restricted and not open
for game day parking. Tailgating is permitted in designated areas only. Football Parking Map (PDF)
- Gold Route Express Shuttle Service beginning and ending at the Towson Center, begins 4 hours before game time and runs
until 1 hour after game time. See Athletics for more information and to purchase individual or season tickets.
- Please Note: Towson University parking permits are not valid for Game Day parking in restricted
lots. Free parking is available on weekends in most locations on campus. Please
read all signs prior to parking. Practices are not considered events. Anyone coming
to observe a practice must obtain a valid visitor permit during Enforcement Hours and park in an appropriate area.