If you need mobility assistance, paratransit shuttles are here to help.
Towson University’s paratransit services provide transportation to students, faculty, staff and visitors with permanent or temporary disability needs. In addition to established shuttle route stops, dedicated paratransit service is available as outlined below. Paratransit vans are equipped with a wheelchair lift, offering access to additional campus locations that can be safely accessed by vehicle. The vans offer a shared curb-to-curb ride service.
To request paratransit service, call 410-704-RIDE (7433).
- Transport will be provided within 30 minutes of the requested pick-up time.
- Riders must be at the pick-up point 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- Vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lift.
- Passengers who use the service must be registered for Paratransit Services. Paratransit cards are no longer needed when boarding the bus.
- Paratransit Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations are in the link below.
Hours and Locations
When classes are in session:
January and Summer: Service is available at all Paratransit Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
When classes are not in session, including emergency closures and holidays:
- If the campus is open, service is available at all Paratransit Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- If the campus is closed, no service will be available.
SAFERIDE is available 7 days a week from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Weather and Emergency Closings:
Individuals with disabilities should put their safety first when determining whether to travel to, from, and around campus in inclement weather. Students, faculty and staff with disabilities who need travel assistance on campus are encouraged to use Paratransit and to call 410-704-RIDE to confirm service availability.
Please note that when TU is closed due to weather or emergency conditions, transportation services will be suspended. If there is an emergency or immediate need, please call Towson University Police at 410-704-4444 for assistance with transportation on campus.
Applying for Paratransit Services
Individuals who wish to routinely use the dedicated paratransit that provides additional service to other locations outside of the regular shuttle stops must be registered and approved. For more information, contact Accessibility & Disability Services or call 410-704-2638.
Faculty and staff members wishing to apply for paratransit services should please complete the paratransit services application. Contact ADARequest AT_TOWSON or call 410-704-2162 for more information.
Visitors who wish to use the service on an on-going basis should email Parking and Transportation Services at UPARK AT_TOWSON.
- Paratransit Service Information (PDF)
- Paratransit Schedule Request (PDF)
- Additional Paratransit and Shuttle Information