Want to plan your own outdoor adventure, but don’t know where to start? Take advantage of Campus Recreation's Gear Rental program, which offers all the equipment needed for camping and exploring to TU students, faculty, and staff.
- Backpacking Stove
- Camp Stove
- Crazy Creek Camp Chair
- Dromedary Bags
- Pot Set
- Shelter Tarp
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Tents (4-person, 3-person, 2-person)
- Trekking Poles
- Utensil Set
- Snowboarding Gear (Helmets, Boots, Bags)
Stand up paddleboarding
- Life jacket
- All Gear Rental pick ups will be done at the Front Desk of the Outdoor Adventure Center (BU 157) during Gear Rental Hours.
- All Gear Rental payments must be made at the Membership & Guest Services office prior to Gear Rental pick-up.
- All Gear Rental users must complete a Rental Agreement at Membership & Guest Services prior to Gear Rental pick-up.
- All Gear Rental users must present their OneCard at time of pick up.
- Sponsored guests may not rent equipment from the Gear Rental program.
- Gear Rental users may not rent equipment for anyone other than themselves.
- All equipment is rented in 'as is' condition. All Gear Rental users are subject to late, damage, maintenance, and/or replacement fees as determined by Campus Recreation Professional Staff. Any additional fees that the user incurs will be billed to the user's Bursar account.
- All returned equipment will be inspected by Gear Rental staff upon return. Gear Rental staff will note any damages to the Coordinator - Outdoor Adventure Center.
- The renter will be emailed within two (2) business days of their rental return indicating any equipment damages and their associated fees.
- Damage fees will be determined depending on the severity of the damage and the materials needed to repair the damages.
- Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to determine a damage as 'irreparable' and the renter will need to pay a replacement fee.
Standard Fees are as Follows:
- Cleaning or Drying Fee: $20
- Maintenance Labor Fee: $15
- Maintenance Material Fee (small part replacement): At cost
- Lost or Total Replacement: At cost + 10%
- Equipment due dates will be arranged upon equipment check-out. Renters may not extend their equipment rental period after the initial equipment check-out.
- Renters will be emailed a reminder on the date that their equipment is due back to the Outdoor Adventure Center. If the renter does not return their equipment by 9 p.m. on the due date, they are subject to late fees.
- Late fees will be charged per day late and per item. Late fees vary and are dependent upon the type of equipment.
- Renters have 14 days to return equipment past its due date. After 14 days, renters will be charged a replacement fee (full item cost + 10%), in addition to the per diem late fees.
Please contact Outdoor Adventures with any questions, comments, or concerns at adventure AT_TOWSON.
Outdoor Adventures has bikes, helmets, and locks available to rent for the entire semester. Bikes are single-speed and do not have a kickstand. Reserve your bike rental online at recreation.towson.edu by March 23 – you will be asked for sizing information and any additional equipment that you may need. After you’ve reserved your bike online, you will receive an email once it is ready for pickup. The timeline from reservation to pick up is typically one week or less.