Want to plan your own outdoor adventure, but don’t know where to start? Take advantage of Campus Recreation's Gear Rental program, which offers all the equipment needed for camping and exploring to TU students, faculty, and staff.
- Backpacking Stove
- Camp Stove
- Crazy Creek Camp Chair
- Dromedary Bags
- Pot Set
- Shelter Tarp
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Tents (4-person, 3-person, 2-person)
- Trekking Poles
- Utensil Set
- Snowboarding Gear (Helmets, Boots, Bags)
Stand up paddleboarding
- Life jacket
- All Gear Rental pick ups will be contactless. The pick-up and return location will be communicated to the renter on the receipt they receive after payment.
- All Gear Rental payments must be made in person at the Membership & Guest Services Desk in Burdick Hall. Payments must be made prior to pick-up. The Membership & Guest Services Desk is open Monday – Friday 12-8 p.m.
- All Gear Rental users must complete a Rental Agreement at the Membership & Guest Services desk prior to paying for their gear.
- All Gear Rental users must present their OneCard at time of pick-up.
- Gear Rental users may not rent equipment for anyone other than themselves.
- All equipment is rented in 'as is' condition. All Gear Rental users are subject to late, damage, maintenance, and/or replacement fees as determined by Campus Recreation Professional Staff. Any additional fees that the user incurs will be billed to the user's Bursar account.
- All returned equipment will be inspected by Gear Rental staff upon return. Gear Rental staff will note any damages to the Coordinator - Outdoor Adventure Center.
- The renter will be emailed within two (2) business days of their rental return indicating any equipment damages and their associated fees.
- Damage fees will be determined depending on the severity of the damage and the materials needed to repair the damages.
- Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to determine a damage as 'irreparable' and the renter will need to pay a replacement fee.
Standard Fees are as Follows:
- Cleaning or Drying Fee: $20
- Maintenance Labor Fee: $15
- Maintenance Material Fee (small part replacement): At cost
- Lost or Total Replacement: At cost + 10%
- Equipment is due the Monday following pick-up. Renters may not extend their equipment rental period after the initial equipment check-out.
- Renters will be called with a reminder on the date that their equipment is due back. If the renter does not return their equipment by Gear Rental closing time on the due date, they are subject to late fees.
- Late fees will be charged per day late and per item. Late fees vary and are dependent upon the type of equipment.
- Renters have 14 days to return equipment past its due date. After 14 days, renters will be charged a replacement fee (full item cost + 10%), in addition to the per diem late fees.
Please contact Outdoor Adventures with any questions, comments, or concerns at adventure AT_TOWSON.
Bike Rentals will be available on Monday, August 24 on the Campus Recreation portal.