The Department of Housing and Residence Life hires student workers to work in various
offices within the department. Job responsibilities will vary with the supervisor
and may include answering the phone, filing, computer input, stuffing envelopes, assisting
with projects, scheduling appointments, etc.
Overnight Desk Assistant
This position provides overnight coverage of a residence hall Community Center on
an On-call/As Needed basis.
- Remain in good standing with the University by maintaining 2.0 grade point average
and upholding University and housing policies. Students on university or academic
probation will not be able to be employed.
- Be a resident student living in University Housing, Harris Hall, Tubman House or Millennium
- May not be a RA for 2019 – 2020 academic year.
- This position is eligible for work study.
- Report to site at 11:45pm and work until 6:30am the next day
- Staff the Community Center desk for the duration of the shift
- Check Resident student IDs
- Sign in guests
- Uphold University & Housing policies
- Complete all paperwork as requested
- Reports any concerns to the Residence Life Staff or Towson University Police Department
On-Call shifts are seven (7) days a week. All hired staff required to sign up for
minimum of two (2) shifts per week.
Staff will receive two (2) hours of pay at $11/hour for each night on-call. Should
they be called in for a shift their pay will be $14/hour.
Student staff may not work more than 20 hours per week when classes are in session.
- Click on the apply link below
- Log into the Student Housing Gateway
- Under Current Students, click on Overnight Desk Assistant Application
Apply for Overnight Desk Assistant Position.