Do you want to get a jump-start on your experience at Towson University by gaining
invaluable knowledge from one of our staff members?
Join the Transfer Student Mentor Program to learn more about the opportunities available
to you at Towson.
Who are our mentors?
- Staff at Towson University that come from a wide variety of departments at Towson
What will I do in the Transfer Mentor Program?
- Work directly with Towson University staff member
- Learn about broadening your professional network
- Get a jumpstart into gaining more professional experiences to add to your resume
What is expected of a mentee?
- Schedule regular meetings with your mentor to discuss career goals
- Identify and investigate on and off campus involvement opportunities with mentor guidance
- Participate in networking opportunities permitted by your schedule
- Use the mentee checklist to guide discussion and action items with your mentor
- Receive career advice
- Find out how to get involved on campus and in the community
- Develop self-marketing skills
- Work on job and/or internship search
- Develop leadership skills
- Investigate your options for graduate school (if applicable)
For any questions, please contact Matt Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-704-2309.