Do you want to improve on your experience at Towson University by gaining invaluable
knowledge from one of our staff members?
Join the Transfer Student Mentor Program to learn more about the opportunities available
to you at Towson. Applications open in the weeks leading up to each semester.
Interested in the Transfer Mentor Program for Fall 2023? Create your Tiger Mentor
Network account to sign up as a mentor or mentee!
Transfer Mentor Program
About the Transfer Mentor Program
Who are our mentors?
- Staff at Towson University who come from a wide variety of departments
- Fellow Transfer students who have navigated the transition to Towson University
What will I do in the Transfer Mentor Program?
- Work directly with a Towson University staff member or peer Transfer student to successfully
navigate the transition to TU
- Learn about broadening your professional network
- Get a jumpstart into gaining more professional experiences to add to your resume
What is expected of a mentee?
- Schedule regular meetings with your mentor to discuss career goals
- Identify and investigate on and off campus involvement opportunities with mentor guidance
- Participate in networking opportunities permitted by your schedule
- Use the mentee checklist to guide discussion and action items with your mentor
Program Goals for Attendees
- Receive career advice
- Find out how to get involved on campus and in the community
- Develop self-marketing skills
- Work on job and/or internship search
- Develop leadership skills
- Investigate your options for graduate school (if applicable)
For any questions, please contact New Student and Family Programs at transfermentor AT_TOWSON or 410-704-2309.