OTS Student Computing Services (SCS) supports campus-wide printing via the flexible wēpa cloud-based printing solution, as well as large format and 3D printing in our Cook 35 location.
wēpa Cloud Printing at TU
The wēpa cloud-based printing system allows you to send files from your computer, tablet or smart phone and print them at any of the dozens of print stations conveniently located all over campus. It's a flexible solution that supports black and white, grayscale, and color printing on letter-sized (8.5"x11") paper—and it even prints on both sides.
How wēpa Works
Upload Your Files
Send your files to the wēpa print cloud using:
- wēpa print drivers
- wēpa website
- wēpa mobile apps
- email (specific steps below)
Print Your Files Using the Touchscreen
OTS recommends using touchless printing (see below) or a touchscreen stylus to avoid contact with the kiosk, but the touchscreen option is still available.
- Using a wipe from a TU sanitizing station, clean the screen and another kiosk surfaces you will be touching.
- Swipe your OneCard or log in with your NetID and password.
- Choose the files you want to print.
- Identify your payment method; you may use TU OneCard Doc Dollars, a credit/debitcard, or wēpa points.
Print Your Files Using Touchless Printing
- In the wēpa app, choose the files you want to print and your payment method.
- At the print station with the app open, place your phone near the reader (lower right) or swipe your OneCard. If you use your OneCard, clean it with a sanitizing wipe afterward.
- Your files will start printing.
|cost per page
When paying by credit card at a wēpa kiosk or via the mobile app, a 40¢ per transaction service charge is added. You can avoid the service charge by adding funds to your OneCard Doc Dollars or your wēpa account.
Ways to Print
At the wepa Kiosk
- To avoid screen contact, use touchless printing or a touchscreen stylus
- Print from your M365 OneDrive, Dropbox or Box
- Print any file posted in your Blackboard course(s)
- Print from a USB drive
From Your Computer, Tablet or Smartphone
- Install the wēpa Print driver for Windows or MacOS; then from any application click File> Print and select the wēpa printer. This works with all file types.
- Install the wēpa Print app for iOS or Android. This works with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF, RTF, JPG and BMP documents only.
- Address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your TU email account, attach your file, and send. The print will default to single sided, black and white. To change this type duplex and or color in the body of the email. For PowerPoint, the print will default to one slide per page. To change this type handoutsn in the body of the email, where n is number of slides per page. For example, including handouts3 will yield three slides per page.
- Login to wepanow.com and upload your file.
Ways to Pay
TU OneCard Retail/Vending Points
Recommended for those with a OneCard. No minimum deposit required.
- If necessary, open onecard.towson.edu, click Manage Your OneCard Account, click Add Cash Now and follow the prompts to add money using a credit card. You can add as little as you want to your OneCard.
- Swipe your OneCard at any wēpa kiosk and choose the jobs to print. Your OneCard balance will appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select OneCard as the form of payment at the bottom of the screen.
Recommended for guests who print often. The minimum deposit is $5.00.
- Log into www.wepanow.com with your TU email and password.
- Log into a wēpa kiosk with your account.
- Select the jobs to print. Your wēpa account balance will appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select wēpa Account as the form of payment at the bottom of the screen.
Wēpa accepts credit cards (no transaction fee for wepa account deposits), PayPal, ApplePay (iOS and MacOS only) and Venmo (Android and iOS Venmo apps only).
Credit Card at the Kiosk
Recommended only for those who print infrequently. A 40¢ per transaction fee is added to cost of each print job.
- Log into a wēpa kiosk with a release code or wēpa account.
- Select the jobs to print.
- Select Credit Card as the form of payment at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the prompts.
Print Stations Locations
Wēpa kiosks are positioned in the University Union, Cook Library, and academic buildings all over campus. See the print station locations list for up-to-the-minute availability information.
How to Get Support
If you encounter a problem printing from a wēpa kiosk, call 410-704-9372.