The Laura Lamb Memorial Scholarship was established in 1992 by Cindi Lamb in memory
of her daughter, Laura Lamb. It was first awarded in 1993. The scholarship is a
$1000 award open to full or part-time undergraduate or graduate students with a disability.
Applicants must submit documentation of their disability. Applicants may be current
TU students, transfer students or incoming freshman. The minimum cumulative grade
point average must be 2.50. The recipient may reapply for the scholarship the following
ADS is accepts applications for the Laura Lamb Memorial Scholarship from January 1
- February 1.
Instructions to apply for the scholarship:
- Complete the Laura Lamb Memorial Scholarship application.
- Write an essay that is approximately 2 double-spaced pages in length Please tell us
about your background, important influences in your life, and any achievements of
which you are particularly proud. You may also address your education and career goals
and how your disability has impacted you.
- Provide documentation of your disability that is complete and up-to-da The type of
documentation needed depends on the nature of your disability. (Specific "Documentation
Guidelines" are provided on the ADS web site in the Student Guide.)
- If you are an incoming freshman or transfer student you must submit a copy of your
admission letter from Towson University's Admission Office and a certified transcript
from the school you are currently attending.
- Send the completed Laura Lamb Scholarship application packet to either rmccray AT_TOWSON or:
Accessibility & Disability Services
Laura Lamb Scholarship
ATTN: Robyn McCray
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
Please contact Robyn McCray with questions at (410) 704-3683 or at rmccray AT_TOWSON.