After you receive Your TU Award Notification, follow these instructions to complete your remaining aid application requirements and to accept your aid offers. We cannot disburse any aid until all steps are completed.
- New Undergraduate Student Instructions (Aid Steps)
- Returning Undergraduate Student Instructions
- Graduate Student Instructions
Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Aid Offers
- If you are a Maryland resident, the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) may also offer you these state aid programs.
- If they offer you aid, they will notify you, and you must accept it in their MDCAPS system.
- After you complete the MDCAPS process, MHEC will notify the TU Financial Aid Office, and after we confirm that you are meeting all of their eligibility requirements, we will add the award(s) to your online TU aid record.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Data Verification
Some aid applicants are selected for a federal FAFSA data verification process. If you are selected for this process, we will notify you.
If you are selected, you must:
- Carefully follow our Verification Instructions.
- Submit all the To Dos items on your Towson Online Services Student Dashboard.
- If you need to request tax data documentation from the IRS, please request it now.
- Act now to avoid deadline problems.
Housing Status Updates and Verification
All FAFSA applicants were required to report one of the following housing statuses:
- off-campus not with parents
- commuting from parent housing
We base all aid offers on the housing status that you reported on your FAFSA, but off-campus students may be asked to verify their housing status by submitting a Housing Verification Form or lease.
If your housing status changes, you must notify TU (and MHEC).