BTU elevates the work Towson University is doing with partners in Greater Baltimore and beyond to create positive impacts in our communities.
The BTU Council is made up of representatives from every academic college and administrative division and serves as the advisory group to the president regarding BTU. The council works to raise awareness; identify opportunities for growth and expansion; address strategic initiatives; and evaluate outcomes and impacts.
The BTU Leadership Team ensures the goals and milestones for BTU are met; evaluates prospective campus-wide partnerships and facilitates next steps; identifies agenda items for monthly BTU Council meetings; and develops reports as needed for the President’s Council, Board of Visitors, Deans Council, among others. The BTU Leadership Team is supported by a partnerships manager and includes an individual from each of the following divisions: Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Innovation & Applied Research.
The leadership team includes:
- Matthew Durington, PhD, Professor and BTU Faculty Director (Academic Affairs)
- Bobbie Laur, Associate Vice President, Outreach (Innovation & Applied Research)
- Santiago Solis, EdD, Associate Vice President, Student Affairs (Student Affairs)
- Kathleen Crostic, Partnerships Manager, Office of Partnerships & Outreach
The BTU Faculty Director is the interface to the BTU presidential priority for academic affairs and assists faculty in the management of community engagement projects through development, implementation, assessment, and dissemination. The BTU Faculty Director helps create and facilitate a culture of best practices for community engagement for the Towson University community.
The Office of Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility empowers students, faculty, and staff to be socially aware and active leaders with the passion and knowledge to enhance their communities. We also serve as a resource for community partners seeking TU volunteers.
The Office of Partnerships & Outreach brings together university and community interests and resources to advance mutually-beneficial collaborations on campus and in our communities. This team provides overarching support and management of BTU, including:
- Identifying external resource opportunities
- Tracking and managing MOUs and agreements
- Liaising with TU-affiliated organizations headquartered on campus
- Maintaining the BTU Partners Database to streamline data collection, reporting, and information sharing
- Connecting external organizations with appropriate faculty and administrative contacts
- Communications, including the BTU Report, newsletters, social media, and blog management
- Event management, including BTU Partnerships Showcase, BTU Partnership Awards, and other university-wide initiatives as directed by the president