These requirements are for catalog year 2015-2016 and later. If your catalog year is different, please refer to the requirements in your specific catalog.
Business administration is a screened major. Students are admitted to the business administration major (BUAD) only after successfully completing a set of required courses with a C or higher in each of those courses and an overall TU GPA of 2.0 or higher. See all admission requirements.
Requirements for Admission to the Major
- Formal admission to TU as a degree candidate
- Cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher for all course work
- Grade equivalent of 2.00 or higher in each course required for admission to the BUAD major
- Minimum grade of C or higher for ALL of the courses required for admission to the BUAD major:
- ACCT 201 or 211 Principles of Financial Accounting (3 units)
- ECON 201 or 203 Microeconomics Principles (3 units)
- ECON 202 or 204 Macroeconomics Principles (3 units)
- LEGL 225 Legal Environment of Business (3 units)
- ECON 205 Statistics for Business and Economics (or MATH 231 Basic Statistics) (3 units)
- MATH 211 Calculus for Applications (or MATH 273 Calculus I) (3 units)
No more than two courses may be repeated, of which no more than one course may be repeated twice.
Tracking Admission to the Major
Your admission status will be sent to your Towson University student email account at the beginning of each term and right before registration. You are required to meet with your assigned adviser each term to evaluate your progress in completing the requirements for admission to the major and the degree. Once you have been admitted to the major, you may enroll in upper-level required business courses and courses required for your concentration or track.