Why Study Geography & Environmental Planning?
Find out why our students and faculty like geography.
When you study geography, you advance your understanding of the physical world around you, beginning with the basic physical systems that affect everyday life.
Five Reasons to Study Geography
- Learn to explain the processes of human and physical systems and how they have arranged and sometimes changed the surface of the Earth.
- Recognize spatial distributions at all scales — local and worldwide — and understand the spatial organization of society as you begin to see order in what often appears to be random scattering of people and places.
- Make informed and sensible judgments about matters involving relationships between the physical environment and society.
- Appreciate Earth and make better decisions about how the planet’s resources should be used.
- Become an informed global citizen as you develop a more sophisticated international perspective.
Join Us in Prague
Study in Prague. This faculty led two week program introduces students to the key environmental, cultural, and historical processes that have helped form the modern Czech Republic. More info at Towson Horizons.