Illustration is a screened concentration. The prerequisites and procedures for screening are listed below.
1. A minimum GPA of 2.67 in ART and ARTH courses in the major.
2. At least 27 units completed in the major (ART and ARTH coursework) to include, but not be limited to the following courses:
3. Illustration application requirements include:
4. Screening will take place twice a year during finals week of the spring and fall semesters (for those who reach 27 units in the major at the close of the semester in which they screen).
5. An Illustration screening application form will be sent out by email before screening. The unofficial transcript is to be submitted with the application form. The Illustration portfolio must be submitted on a USB thumb drive or CD and secured in an resealable envelope labeled with student’s name. Files must be labeled appropriately and with relevant information, including student's name or TUID on a USB thumb drive or CD. All application requirements must be dropped off at the collection box at the front desk of the Art Office, CA 3103.
6. A faculty committee will score portfolios on design, technique, concept, and originality. Students will be notified of the committee’s decision by email after the Illustration screening selection committee meeting is held.
7. Students not accepted may reapply one more time.