Fall 2023 Audition Information
Everyone is welcome to join a choral ensemble at Towson!
- If you are interested in joining University Chorale or Treble Voices, you must sign
up for an audition here: Audition SIgn Up Sheet
- Come ready to sing a song you feel comfortable singing. It can be a hymn, an aria,
a folk song, or an excerpt from a choral piece that you know well. Please bring an extra copy for Dr. Sáez.
- Auditions will take place in Dr. Sáez's office (CA 2099).
- If you can't find a convenient time on the sign-up sheet, contact me directly at dsaez AT_TOWSON.
- If you would like to meet with Dr. Sáez to discuss any concern regarding choirs, sign up for a time: Audition Sign Up Sheet
- If you are considering joining Men's Chorus, please contact Prof. Holmes directly
at saholmes AT_TOWSON for more information.
If you want to join Choral Society, there is no need to audition. Choral Society meets
every Monday from 7 to 9:30pm.
- Treble Voices will perform The Planets by Hoist at the Kennedy Center with the Washington
- University Chorale will join Bach in Baltimore in a performance of Bach Cantata #63.
- Choral Society will perform excerpts from John Rutter's Gloria and holiday music.
- University Chorale (MUSA 251/451/651) meets Tuesday and Thursday from 2-3:15pm.
- Treble Voices* (MUSA 252/452/652) meets Monday and Wednesday from 2-3:15pm.
- Men's Chorus (MUSC 252/452/652) meets Monday and Wednesday from 2:00-3:15pm. Please
contact Men's Chorus director Prof. Stephen Holmes.
For more information, please contact Dr. Diana Sáez.
* Open to all self-identified women
Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band and Symphony Orchestra
Auditions for both ensembles will take place in Dr. Cicconi's office, in person, which
is room CA 3089 (percussion in 3071). You can sign up for a time RIGHT NOW on this
Auditions will take place on Monday, August 28; Tuesday, August 29; Thursday, August
31; and Friday, September 1. PERCUSSION, your auditions will take place Friday, September
1st in 3071.. The first rehearsals will take place the second week of classes, the
week of September 4th.
Ensemble rehearsal and meeting times are as follows:
- Wind Ensemble meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00pm-3:15pm (Cicconi, Conductor)
- Symphony Orchestra meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30pm-5:20pm (Cicconi, Conductor)
- Symphonic Band meets Wednesdays from 6:30pm-9:00pm (Fischer, Conductor)
Please be sure to SIGN UP and REGISTER for the ensembles. ALL band students should
register for Symphonic Band, MUSA 261/461/661. If you cannot register, THIS IS FINE,
please audition and we will get you registered once auditions are completed.
During the audition process (blind auditions) you will be asked to play the attached
excerpts in the dropbox link below. Please find your particular instrument, download
the file, and prepare the selection. You only need to prepare the selections that
are within the brackets. Please note, your excerpts may be over a span of 1-2 pages,
be sure to download them all but only play the excerpts within the brackets. Excerpts
for Winds taken from FESTIVAL VARIATIONS by Smith and Excerpts from Strings taken
from SYMPHONY NO. 5 by Beethoven.
- Audition music can be found at this dropbox link.
- Listening examples of audition music can be found at this link.
Please sign up for the class, band and/or orchestra as soon as possible. If you need
to be authorized, please let Dr. Cicconi know immediately. AGAIN, if you cannot register,
THIS IS FINE, please audition and we will get you registered once auditions are completed.
NOTE: If you have a class conflict, this is OK, we can work it out, just let Dr. Cicconi
know what the conflict is and we can be flexible. We want EVERYONE to play.
STRING PLAYERS: All string players will be placed in symphony orchestra. The audition
will simply help me find your seating placements. Play at tempos that are most comfortable
The repertoire for this semester is some of the very best yet, so, please consider
playing again. It is going to be AWESOME.
Both groups have exciting performances over the course of the semester and I cannot
wait to work with you all again. I look forward to a terrific semester of music making
and am proud and humbled, as always to be your director!
Please feel free to email with any and all questions. Very much looking forward to
seeing you all (and...I MISS YOU ALL). LET'S GO! DrC
Anyone interested in auditioning for the TU Jazz Orchestra, or who would like more
information, please contact Jim McFalls (mjim AT_TOWSON) directly.