Get the details on how to apply to the Actuarial Science & Predictive Analytics (M.S.)
This program offers rolling admission. Deadlines for each term are available on the Graduate Admissions website.
Admission to Master of Science degree in Actuarial Science and Predictive Analytics
is competitive. To be admitted into the program you will need:
- A baccalaureate degree in mathematics or science (or a related field) from a regionally
accredited college or university verified on original transcripts and sent by that
institution directly to Towson University.
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 for full admission and at least 2.75 for conditional
admission is required. Admission decisions are based upon your academic record from
your undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study and the competitiveness of the applicant
- A strong mathematics background as demonstrated through grades in mathematics courses;
an undergraduate B.S. thesis focused on mathematics, sciences, or risk analysis; or
work experience involving actuarial science.
At least three terms of undergraduate courses in calculus, calculus based probability,
mathematical statistics, and linear algebra. (NOTE: Students with any deficiency in
their mathematical background may be admitted conditionally if they are willing to
correct such deficiency.)
- Completion of either SOA (Society of Actuaries) Exam or GRE (Graduate Record Exam).
Please upload a copy of your SOA exam transcripts or request ETS send official GRE
Passing the first professional examination (Exam P) sponsored by the Society of Actuaries
and the Casualty Actuarial Society may be considered as a substitute for college mathematics
requirements, subject to department approval.
* See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions
How to Apply
- To apply, complete a Graduate Admission application. Read the instructions on how to apply.
- International graduate students may have additional admission and application requirements.
See information about how to apply.