FACET is dedicated to working with our institutional partners to provide faculty members
at Towson University the most updated evidence-based resources on designing and delivering
effective online and hybrid courses.
One Stop Shop
Resources may be found on the One-stop Shop for Faculty Resources Blackboard community
page. Here are a few representative resources:
Join the Blackboard community for faculty! Whether you have a question regarding a
specific tool, teaching method, or best practice, we have brief and helpful resources
to get you answers.
Faculty One Stop Shop
When teaching an online or hybrid course, please keep the following basics in mind:
- Email students via Blackboard’s announcement feature for class-wide communication
and direct students to stay tuned to email and your Blackboard site for further instructions.
- Explain how instruction will proceed.
- Be aware that some students will be able to access resources only through mobile devices
and may have other technology access issues.
- Help students prepare to learn online. Enroll and visit the Tips for Success in Online and Hybrid Classes (Blackboard Community). To enroll, type "tips" in the organization search window,
click "go." Next to "SRFRL," click on the down arrow and select "enroll" and "submit."
- Ensure that students requiring accommodations receive the support they need. Accessibility
and Disability Services has compiled resources for faculty relating to accommodations online.
Email FACET if you need support in any online teaching areas or to schedule an appointment with an instructional design consultant.
Hours: Virtually from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday by appointment
Email: facet AT_TOWSON
Email: Blackboard AT_TOWSON
Please call for support or submit support tickets via email.
Classroom Technology Support
Support Hotline: 410-704-8324
Classroom Support Webpage
Please chat or call to receive support and/or schedule a one-on-one training session.
Support: Help Request Form
Please submit a ticket if you would like training or call for support. The Office
of Technology Services (OTS) currently addresses Zoom support inquiries.
Webex 24/7 Helpdesk: 1-866-229-3239
Email: Webex AT_TOWSON
Webex Meetings Webpage