How To Documents

Use our How To documents to learn more about the following activities:

Reconciliation Documentation:

Search and Hire Process for Faculty and Librarians:

Search for Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty, Clinical, Visiting, Lecturer and Librarian

 1. Visit the Office of Inclusion & Institutional Equity website for relevant information.

2. Complete Faculty/Librarian Search Request form.

3. Prepare and attach a copy of the job advertisement.

4. Obtain Chair and Dean signatures on form.

5. Submit Faculty/Librarian Search Request form to: Provost's Budget Office, Administration Building, AD 311B

6. The Office of Inclusion & Institutional Equity will mail you a copy of the signed search request paperwork, the ad and additional information regarding interview and hiring processes.

7. The Provost's Budget Office will send you an email letting you know when the ad will be posted to the Towson University, HERC, Inside Higher Ed and Recruit Disability websites. If the ad is for a tenured/tenure-track position, you will also be notified when the ad will be posted in the Chronicle of Higher Education. Only tenured/tenure-track positions are posted in the Chronicle.

8. Once you've made your candidate selection complete an Interview Approval Pool form and submit to the Office of the Provost for approval and processing. 

Pay for Search Advertisements

1. Ads placed in local newspapers, professional journals and individualized ads in the Chronicle are the responsibility of the department.

2. The Office of the Provost will reimburse the department up to a combined maximum of $500 per search for advertising expenses for Tenured/Tenure-track and Librarian positions. 

3. To request reimbursement from the Office of the Provost, submit a journal entry to the PeopleSoft Financials team.

Please see Page 9 of the Interdepartmental Requests Instruction Manual for instructions on the journal entry upload process. 

Hire Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty

1. Review the Faculty Position Search Guidelines

2. Complete a Candidate Overnight Lodging form (if applicable)

3. Complete a Meal Ticket Request form (if applicable)

4. Upon completion of candidates travel for interview, he/she completes a Candidate Reimbursement form and the W9 form and submits both forms along with any and all receipts to the department for approval and signature. The department will forward to the Provost's Budget Office for approval and processing. The candidate will obtain these forms along with their overnight lodging email confirmation from the Provost's Budget Office prior to their trip.

5. Reimbursement instructions for candidate meals are as follows:

- Off-Campus Meals: Faculty submits a Miscellaneous Expense Voucher (MEV) for meals only and submits the paperwork and one additional copy of the completed paperwork to the Provost's Budget Office. Please be sure to attach all loose receipts to a plain 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper to ensure the receipts do not get lost in the mail. If you are requesting reimbursement for meals and parking, etc., you would complete a Travel Expense Voucher (TEV) through Tiger Travel (PeopleSoft) requesting reimbursement for per diem amounts including copies of receipts using budget code #16810.

6. Department completes a Faculty Appointment Request form online.

Hire Lecturers, Clinical, Visiting and Librarians

1. Department completes Faculty/Librarian Search Request form (Please see "Forms" list from PBO website/Faculty Searches & Appointment forms) and submits it to the Provost's Budget Office to begin the search process.

2. Advertise! (The academic department may post positions in any source using department funds. The Provost's Budget Office will not reimburse these funds).

3. Department completes an Faculty Appointment Request Form (Please see "Forms" list from PBO website/Faculty Searches & Appointment forms) and submits to: Provost's Budget Office, Administration Building, AD 311B. 

How to Request a Reimbursement for Moving Expenses (Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty ONLY)

1. Newly appointed faculty submit TU ID number and map showing distance from current residence to new residence. 

2. If the department has offered additional compensation for moving expenses, please include a copy of the offer letter.

3. Email information to .

Stipend Reimbursement Scale:

- Less than 100 miles = $1,000

- 100-999 miles = $2,000

- 1,000 to 1,999 miles = $4,000

- 2,000 or greater miles = $6,000