Use our How To documents to learn more about the following activities:
Search for Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty, Clinical, Visiting, Lecturer and Librarian
1. Visit the Office of Inclusion & Institutional Equity website for relevant information.
2. Complete Faculty/Librarian/Lecturer Search Request form. (DocuSign - See "Forms" list on Provost's Budget Office website).
3. Prepare and attach a copy of the job advertisement and Academic Affairs Hiring Outreach Plan. (Template and instructions can be found by logging into the Forms Repository. Scroll down to "Faculty Hiring Forms" and you will see the available forms. Link provided below.
4. The Provost's Budget Office will send you an email letting you know when the ad will be posted to the Towson University, HERC, Inside Higher Ed and Recruit Disability websites. If the ad is for a tenured/tenure-track position, you will also be notified when the ad will be posted in the Chronicle of Higher Education. Only tenured/tenure-track positions are posted in the Chronicle.
5. Once you've made your candidate selection complete an Interview Approval Pool form and submit to the Office of the Provost, AD 311, for approval and processing.
Pay for Search Advertisements
1. Ads placed in local newspapers, professional journals and individualized ads in the Chronicle are the responsibility of the department.
2. The Office of the Provost will reimburse the department up to a combined maximum of $500 per search for advertising expenses for Tenured/Tenure-track and Librarian positions.
3. To request reimbursement from the Office of the Provost, submit a journal entry to the PeopleSoft Financials team.
Please see Page 9 of the Interdepartmental Requests Instruction Manual for instructions on the journal entry upload process.
Hire Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
1. Review the Faculty Position Search Guidelines
2. Complete a Candidate Overnight Lodging form (if applicable)
3. Complete a Meal Ticket Request form (if applicable)
4. Upon completion of candidates travel for interview, the department sends a Candidate Reimbursement form to the candidate through the DocuSign system. The candidate will complete the form and attach the required W9 and receipts to the DocuSign form. The form will be forwarded to the Chair/Search Chair of the department, Provost's Budget Office and Accounts Payable for final approval.
5. Reimbursement instructions for candidate meals are as follows:
- For Meals Only - Faculty submits a Miscellaneous Expense Voucher (MEV) online through DocuSign. Forms can be found on the Financial Services website under the "Forms Directory". Select appropriate form and submit. When initiating this form for a faculty search meal reimbursement, please put "Wendy Rohrbaugh' as the first approver so it is routed correctly. Please also be sure to attach all necessary receipts to the form, indicate the search number and names of attendees for all meals (specifying the candidate) under "Reason for Payment".
- For Meals and Additional Qualifying Reimbursement Requests (parking, tolls, etc) - Faculty completes a Travel Expense Voucher (TEV) through Tiger Travel (PeopleSoft) requesting reimbursement using budget code #16810. Be sure to include all necessary receipts, the search number in the "notes" section of the form and attach a guest list for all meals reimbursements requested. This is required information.
6. Department completes a Faculty Appointment Request form online through DocuSign. Form can be found on the Provost's Budget Office website under "Forms".
Hire Lecturers, Clinical, Visiting and Librarians
1. Department completes Faculty/Librarian Search Request form (Please see "Forms" list from PBO website/Faculty Searches & Appointment forms).
2. Prepare and attach a copy of the job advertisement and Academic Affairs Hiring Outreach Plan. (Template and instructions can be found by logging into the Forms Repository. Scroll down to "Faculty Hiring Forms" and you will see the available forms. Link provided below.
3. Advertise! (The academic department may post positions in any source using department funds. The Provost's Budget Office will not reimburse these funds).
4. Once you have made your candidate selection, the department completes a Faculty Appointment Request Form (Please see "Forms" list from PBO website/Faculty Searches & Appointment forms).
How to Request a Reimbursement for Moving Expenses (Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty ONLY)
1. Newly appointed faculty submit TU ID number and map showing distance from current residence to new residence.
2. If the department has offered additional compensation for moving expenses, please include a copy of the offer letter.
3. You can submit this one week prior to your official start date.
4. Email information to pbo AT_TOWSON.
Stipend Reimbursement Scale:
- Less than 100 miles = $1,000
- 100-999 miles = $2,000
- 1,000 to 1,999 miles = $4,000
- 2,000 or greater miles = $6,000