Student Laptop Services
OTS Student Computing Services (SCS) assists students with their laptop troubleshooting and repair.
Services for Laptops
Students experiencing laptop problems can contact the OTS Student Computing Services (SCS) Service Desk.
- software support
- malware removal
- diagnosis of hardware issues
- loaner laptops - if it is necessary for us to keep your laptop, you can make an appointment to drop it off and borrow a laptop from us
Windows Laptop Service
Consult the SCS Service Desk for assistance with all Windows laptops.
Mac Laptop Service
Students needing hardware assistance with their Mac laptops can use our Apple Depot Service, or go directly to the nearby Apple Store in the Towson Town Center (825 Dulaney Valley Road).
Information about OTS' Apple Depot Service:
- Mac service can be arranged through the SCS Service Desk on the first floor of Cook Library in Room 35
- Work will be performed by Chesapeake Systems, a third party authorized Apple service center
- Warranty work will be performed free of charge
- Chesapeake Systems will contact the owner if additional service charges apply
- When work has been completed, Chesapeake Systems will return the laptop to the SCS Service Desk (CK 35) and our staff will contact the owner
Purchasing a New Laptop
What Should I Buy?
Information on academic discounts for personal Dell purchases can be found on the Buying a Personal Computer webpage.
Towson University has negotiated a discount purchase agreement with the Apple Store for Education to provide students with choices of laptop platforms.