Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application.
Requirements for admission vary, depending on transferable credits completed and your
academic record from all institutions attended. If you have application questions,
contact us at 410-704-2113, admissions AT_TOWSON, or get in touch with your admissions counselor.
If you are applying to Towson University in Northeastern Maryland (at Harford Community
College), please use the Towson University in Northeastern Maryland application.
Know the deadlines.
- October 15: Spring admission (remains open on a space-available basis).
- December 1: You must apply and submit all transcripts to be considered for merit-based transfer scholarships offered through University Admissions.
- January 15: Fall admission (applications may stay open on a space-available basis).
- Complete your application and submit the application fee. A $45 non-deferrable, non-refundable fee is required with your application.
- Apply, if interested, to the Honors College.
Complete the Honors section of the regular application for admission no later than
- Send official documents. Official transcripts must be sent directly from all of your previous institutions.
They can be sent electronically to admissions_documents AT_TOWSON or by mail to University Admissions. We also accept electronic transcripts via Parchment,
E-Scripts, or Clearinghouse. Faxes are not permitted.
- Spring 2021 Applicants with less than 24 transferable college credits at the time
of application submission must submit an official final high school transcript and
test scores (SAT or ACT).
- Fall 2021 Applicants with less than 24 transferable college credits at the time of
application submission must submit an official final high school transcript. Test
scores are not required.
- If you attended or are currently attending a non-U.S. college, you must have your
transcript evaluated by one of the following international credential evaluation companies:WES, SpanTran, IERF, ECE or ASCISS
- If you were academically dismissed from another institution, you must complete 24
transferable college credits after your dismissal in order to be eligible for admission
- Review Screened Majors. Discover if there are additional requirements for the major you wish to study.
**If your native language is not English, please check this Admissions Requirements (PDF) document for important information related to your application process.