Department of Health Sciences
The Department of Health Sciences offers academic programs that exemplify interdisciplinary, cross-disciplinary collaboration that mirrors today’s health care service delivery and community wellness priorities.
We are TU.
The Department of Health Sciences uses a broad, integrative and evidence-based approach that prepares tomorrow’s health leaders for careers in a number of diverse and rapidly growing fields. We prepare students for growing job opportunities as health care managers, planners, gerontologists, autism-focused professionals, community and school educators and other clinicians and health care specialists.
What We Offer
- one of the only two undergraduate health care management programs in the state of Maryland fully certified by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- a nationally recognized health science program that prepares students to become Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES)
- an allied health program that is Towson University’s only fully online undergraduate major (this program is open to practicing clinicians with an associate degree in a technical field)
- internship opportunities in the areas of gerontology, health care management and health science
- honor societies for gerontology, health care management, and health science
- graduate degrees in health science (M.S.) and physician assistant studies (M.S.) and post-baccalaureate certificates (PBC) in autism studies and clinician-administrator transition (CAT)