- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university**
- An overall minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 based on the last 60 units of total undergraduate
and post-baccalaureate study
- Maryland teaching certification, eligibility for teaching certification or permission
of the program director
- Official transcripts for undergraduate and graduate course work
- A 400-600 word Statement of Purpose Essay describing the student’s professional goals
for advanced graduate study and proposed individualized area of focus
- Current résumé
- Two letters of recommendation that describe the candidate’s professional experience
and academic work (Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application)
- Completed Graduate Application
NOTE: This master’s degree program is not accompanied by automatic state certification.
Non-certified applicants should contact the director or their adviser prior to enrolling
in course work.
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.
**See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.