Support the College
Philanthropy has served as a way for alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends to enrich our programs and enhance the student experience. This support ensures that the Honors College will continue to provide programs and opportunities for Honors College students and faculty from across the university to develop skills, cultivate talents, and achieve excellence in academics, research, service and individual development.
How Does Your Participation Make a Difference?
When it comes to covering the real cost of education, tuition and state assistance are only the beginning. To support the enriching activities that define the best colleges and universities, our students must rely on the support of individuals. These combined resources are critical to helping students reach their full potential.
What Does Your Contribution Support?
The Honors College is designed to create an intellectual community where students integrate living together on campus with classroom activity in order to share ideas and nurture an environment conducive to academic achievement. Your contribution will ensure that the Honors College continues to provide opportunities for Honors College students which will lead to their personal fulfillment and professional success. Among the purposes to which your gift may contribute are:
- Honors College merit scholarships
- Service learning experiences
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular events
- Enhanced technology in Honors classrooms
- Development of unique Honors seminars
- Designated faculty for the Honors College
- Honors student study abroad scholarships
Make a gift
A gift to the Honors College provides scholarships to students and helps expand their educational experience through internships, conference opportunities, leadership, and community events, and global initiatives such as study abroad. A gift also helps ensure Towson University attracts the most exceptional students.
How Does Your Support Benefit Honors Students?
By supporting the Honors College, our students benefit by having access to exclusive resources and opportunities like:
- Small classes of 10-20 students
- Courses covering content in depth, using innovative techniques
- Learning experiences outside the classroom including internships and study abroad
- Early registration for classes
- Flexibility to pursue any of Towson University’s major disciplines
- An enhanced Honors Living Learning Community in Douglass House
- Special social, cultural and leadership experiences
- Individualized academic and professional career advising
- Opportunities to present scholarly projects at local, regional and national conferences
- An annual, renewable merit scholarship