Many recommended software titles are available to TU students for free or at a discounted
cost, and SCS offers installation assistance when needed.
Whether working on campus or at a distance, most Towson University students find the
following applications vital for learning, communicating and completing assignments. Consider installing them on
your computer and mobile devices now so that you can confirm their readiness before the need arises. If you need help, contact OTS Student Computing Services.
- Blackboard Mobile App: on-the-go access to your crucial Blackboard course content and tools.
- Microsoft 365: download Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote and leverage massive OneDrive cloud storage.
- Webex Meetings: host web-based meetings to collaborate and share webcam video, documents, desktops and chat.
- Zoom: host web-based meetings to collaborate and share webcam video, documents, desktops
- wēpa Cloud Printing: print from your USB drive, email, computer, or smart phone to any of the 28 wēpa Print Stations.
- Virus & Malware Protection: protect your files and the TU network from viruses and other malware.
- Virtual Workspace (Horizon Client): remotely access the TU desktop and published applications such as SPSS and ArcGIS via
your web browser. Login and install the Horizon Client from the apps grid for the best
- Safer Mobility: protect yourself against crimes using mobile escort; video chat with or silently message campus police.
- TU Tiger Ride Apps: track campus shuttles in real time.
Student Computing Services (SCS) Lab Applications
If you are on campus, remember that SCS offers more than 80 applications for use in its computer lab.
Towson University Software Database
University site-licensed software for students, faculty and staff.
Students can get Microsoft software at an educational discount through www.onthehub.com. Majors in the following programs can download Microsoft titles for free: College
of Business and Economics, Applied Information Technology and Computer Science and