TU’s Blackboard Learn environment is automatically updated monthly through our Software-as-a-Service
(SaaS) deployment. This means you’ll always have the latest version of Blackboard
and immediate system patches without major service interruptions.
This service and vendor documentation are cloud hosted. Updates are not controlled
by Towson University.
TU currently uses Blackboard Learn to deliver online courses. On December 23, 2021, we’re updating Learn to incorporate the new Ultra Base Navigation. This new navigation has a sleek, modern look and feel and will save you time with
simpler workflows and easier access to important information. Questions? Contact TU's Blackboard team.
About Ultra Base Navigation
This is a modern, intuitive navigation menu that lives outside of courses. It includes
links to new pages such as the Activity Stream, Calendar, Messages, etc. that provide
quick access to the most critical information consolidated from all your courses.
What does this mean for me?
- Your courses will not change. They will look and operate exactly as they do now.
- Starting Dec. 23, 2021, you will see the new navigation as soon as you log into Learn.
- No special actions are required on your part to access Ultra Base Navigation in Blackboard.
- In Jan. 2022, there will be an optional Ultra Course View. With the Ultra Base Navigation, you can pilot Blackboard’s new course interface,
the Ultra Course View.
How will this enhance efficiency and experience?
- Modern, intuitive experience. Easy to use and navigate.
- It's mobile-friendly. This navigation is designed to work well regardless of which device you’re using.
- Aggregates important information. All course and organization information – like calendar, messages and grades – is now
consolidated into one global view, minimizing the time spent navigating into each
- Only one click away. See something that needs your attention? Just click on it and you will be taken directly
there, minimizing clicks and saving time.
Questions? Contact TU's Blackboard team.
Ultra Base Navigation