Apply online at fafsa.gov. TU's FAFSA Code is 002099.
Submit the 2023-2024 FAFSA to apply for Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024 aid.
For help, watch our TU FAFSA webinar or use the help services at bottom of this page.
To apply for other types of aid, go to Applying for Aid.
FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FAFSA Applicants must meet all of these Federal Eligibility Requirements.
- You must submit a new FAFSA every year.
- Each FAFSA applies to one academic year (Fall-Spring-Summer).
- You can submit it before you are admitted to TU.
Undocumented and DACA students can't submit a FAFSA, but if you qualify for in-state
tuition status, you can submit a Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA). See Undocumented Students.
2023-2024 FAFSA Deadlines
If you haven't submitted this FAFSA yet, please submit it NOW! Late applicants can still apply for federal grants and loans. TU grants may still
be available, but you have missed our TU Priority Deadlines.
If we need to request documents, we will email you and add them to your To Dos list on your Towson Online Services Student Dashboard. Please promplty submit all documents.
2024-2025 FAFSA Deadlines
The 2024-2025 FAFSA won't be available until sometime in late December 2023. We will update this web page when they release an exact launch date.
(Based on the normal FAFSA launch schedule, this FAFSA would have been available on
October 1, but they delayed the release date because they are revising the FAFSA process
For priority consideration for need-based grants funded by TU, submit your FAFSA by
these TU deadlines.
- Freshman Admission Applicants* & Current TU Students: February 1, 2024
- Transfer Admission Applicants*: March 1, 2024*
*Admission applicants must also submit a complete admission application (including
transcripts) by these deadlines.
MHEC Aid Deadlines
The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) offers many state aid programs for Maryland residents. Several MHEC grants have a strict March 1 FAFSA deadline. Many of their programs also require additional applications and many
have different deadlines. Please follow our state aid instructions.
MHEC's 2024-2025 FAFSA deadline is March 1, 2024.
1) Submit your FAFSA
- Apply online at fafsa.gov.
- TU's FAFSA Code is 002099.
- If you already applied, but didn't list TU's code, return to fafsa.gov to add it.
- Use the FAFSA Help Services below.
2) Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
For the 2023-2024 FAFSA, please use the FAFSA's IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically upload your data from the IRS to answer all the federal tax return
questions. This process drastically reduces errors, delays, and requests for additional documentation.
3) Confirm your FAFSA submission
Several days after you submit your FAFSA:
- Return to fafsa.gov.
- Confirm that your FAFSA was processed.
- Make sure that your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is not blank.
- Review all comments and the accuracy of your data.
4) Submit additional documentation to TU
- After we receive your FAFSA, we may request additional documents from you.
- To receive these requests, you must check your TU email and your Towson Online Services Student Dashboard To Dos list.
- For new students, we can prepare a tentative aid offer before you submit your documentation.
- For returning TU students, you must submit all required documents before we can offer
you any aid.
- Please submit all requested documents within 2 to 3 weeks of our requests.
FAFSA Help Services
For all FAFSA questions, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID or Live Chat. Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. – midnight and Saturday–Sunday: 11 a.m.–6 p.m. (Eastern time).