Apply online at fafsa.gov. TU's FAFSA Code is 002099.
Do the 2022-2023 FAFSA for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 - Summer 2023.
Do the 2023-2024 FAFSA for Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 - Summer 2024.
For help, watch our TU FAFSA webinar or use the help services at bottom of this page.
To apply for other types of aid, visit Applying for Aid, and choose your student type.
FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FAFSA Applicants must meet all of these Federal Eligibility Requirements.
- You must submit a new FAFSA every year.
- Each FAFSA applies to one academic year (Fall-Spring-Summer).
- You can submit it before you are admitted to TU.
Undocumented and DACA students can't submit a FAFSA, but if you qualify for in-state
tuition status, you can submit a Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA). See Undocumented Students.
2022-2023 FAFSA Deadlines
If you haven't submitted this FAFSA yet, please submit it NOW! Late applicants can still apply for federal grants and loans.
2023-2024 FAFSA Deadlines
Priority Deadlines for TU Grants
For priority consideration for need-based TU grants, submit your FAFSA by these TU
- Freshman Admission Applicants: February 1, 2023*
- Transfer Admission Applicants: March 1, 2023*
- Current TU Students: We strongly encourage all current TU students to apply early by Halloween (October 31), but the final priority deadline is February 1, 2023.
*Admission applicants must also submit a complete admission application (including
transcripts) by these deadlines.
All Students: If we request additional aid documents, you must submit them within 30 days of
these deadlines. (If we need to request documents, we will email you and add them
to your To Dos on your Towson Online Services Student Dashboard.)
MHEC Aid Deadline
The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) offers many aid programs for Maryland residents. Several MHEC grants have a strict March 1, 2023 FAFSA deadline. Many of their programs also require additional applications and
many have different deadlines. For instructions, see state aid.
1) Submit your FAFSA
- Apply online at fafsa.gov.
- TU's FAFSA Code is 002099.
- If you already applied, but didn't list TU's code, return to fafsa.gov to add it.
- Use the FAFSA Help Services below.
2) Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
Please use the FAFSA's IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically upload your data from the IRS to answer all the federal tax return
questions. This process drastically reduces errors, delays, and requests for additional documentation.
3) Confirm your FAFSA submission
Several days after you submit your FAFSA:
- Return to fafsa.gov.
- Confirm that your FAFSA was processed.
- Make sure that your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is not blank.
- Review all comments and the accuracy of your data.
4) Submit additional documentation to TU
- After we receive your FAFSA, we may request additional documents from you.
- To receive these requests, you must check your TU email and your Towson Online Services Student Dashboard To Dos list.
- For new students, we can prepare a tentative aid offer before you submit your documentation.
- For returning TU students, you must submit all required documents before we can offer
you any aid.
FAFSA Help Services
For all FAFSA questions, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4FED-AID or Live Chat. Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. – midnight and Saturday–Sunday: 11 a.m.–6 p.m. (Eastern time).