You must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for all federal student and parent loan programs, need-based grants, the Federal Work-study program, and some need-based scholarships. Several federal loan programs do not require students
or families to demonstrate any financial need, but still require FAFSA data. Follow
the instructions below.
TU AID Priority deadline
mhec aid deadline
- All current TU students should submit this FAFSA now so we can start processing your application.
- Our priority deadline for consideration for need-based grants from TU and work-study
funds was January 15, 2021. If you haven't submitted it yet, please apply now!
- MHEC Aid Deadline: The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) offers many aid programs for Maryland residents. Many, but not all of their aid programs,
had a March 1 FAFSA deadline.
If you haven't filed a 2020-2021 FAFSA yet, please apply now! you can still do so to apply for federal grants and loans, but you've missed the
deadlines for MHEC grants and the priority deadline for TU grants.
1) Submit your FAFSA
- Apply online at fafsa.gov.
- TU's FAFSA Code is 002099.
- (If you already applied, but didn't list TU's code, return to fafsa.gov to add it.)
To complete your FAFSA with the myStudentAid app, download it from the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
For complete step-by-step instructions for dependent students, use this FAFSA Help Video.
2) Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
Please use the FAFSA's IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically upload your data from the IRS to answer all the federal tax return
questions. This process drastically reduces errors, delays, and requests for additional documentation.
3) Confirm your FAFSA Submission
Several days after you submit your FAFSA:
- Return to fafsa.gov.
- Confirm that your FAFSA was processed.
- Make sure that your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is not blank.
- Review all comments and the accuracy of your data.
4) Submit additional Documentation to TU
- After we receive your FAFSA, we may need to request additional documents from you.
- To receive these requests, you must check your TU email and your TU Online Services To-Do List.
- For new students, we can prepare a tentative aid offer before you submit your documentation.
- For returning TU students, you must submit all required documents before we can offer
you any aid.
FAFSA Help Services