Towson University offers a variety of merit-based scholarships for new freshman and
University Admissions Office Scholarships
Availability — The Towson University Admissions Office offers the following merit-based scholarships
to freshman and transfer students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
To apply for these scholarships you must apply for fall semester admission.
Application process — To be eligible for these scholarships, you must submit your Application for fall Admission
including all required documents by December 1. No additional application form is
Selection criteria — Most of these scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to students with
the strongest qualifications. The minimum criteria and final selection criteria are
Scholarship recipients are notified on or about March 1.
All of these awards require full-time enrollment for each Fall and Spring semester.
- These are our largest awards for our most competitive freshman applicants. Awards
amounts vary based on applicant strength and tuition rate (in-state or out-of-state).
- Funding is limited and final selection criteria are based on a competitive evaluation of each year's applicant pool.
Transfer Achievement Awards
- Community college transfer students with preference to students from MD community
- Minimum eligibility criteria — 3.5+ college GPA and 56+ units by time of transfer-students are evaluated based on
credits completed by December 1st (excluding fall courses in progress at the time
- Funding is limited, and final selection criteria will be based on a competitive evaluation of the applicant pool.
Top 10% Scholars Program
- Students who are admitted to TU from Baltimore City and Baltimore County public school
students who are in the top 10 percent of their class at the end of their junior year.
- Completion of college prep curriculum in the same high school for four years
- Interested students must apply to TU by the deadlines listed above and their top 10
percent status must be verified by their high school. (The high school must provide
our office with a list of weighted class ranks.)
- Applicants must also complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) but
do not have to demonstrate financial need.
- Recipients receive renewable scholarships and opportunities for special services.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities