Towson University offers a variety of merit-based scholarships for new freshman and
University Admissions Office Scholarships
Merit-based Scholarships are offered to incoming freshmen and transfer students for
the fall term only. Scholarships are very competitive and are awarded to students with strong academic
credentials. To be considered for these scholarships, Freshman students must complete
their admission application by November 15 and Transfer students must complete their admission application by March 1.
All these awards require full-time Fall and Spring enrollment.
Provost and Tiger Scholarships
- These are our largest awards for our most competitive freshman applicants. Awards
amounts vary based on applicant strength and tuition rate (in-state or out-of-state).
- Funding is limited and final selection criteria are based on a competitive evaluation of each year's applicant pool.
Transfer Achievement Award
Students must submit their admission application and all supporting documents by March 1. Budget is limited so minimum GPA/credits will be determined by the strength of
the applicant pool.
Top 10% Grants
- Freshman who are admitted to TU from Baltimore City and Baltimore County public schools,
who are in the top 10 percent of their class at the end of their junior year in high
- Completion of college prep curriculum in the same high school for four years.
- Interested students must apply to TU by the deadlines listed above and their top 10
percent status must be verified by their high school. (The high school must provide
our office with a list of weighted class ranks.)
- Applicants must also submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 and must demonstrate financial need defined as a FAFSA Expected Family Contribution
(EFC) less than or equal to $10,000.
For the award payment and renewal conditions for students who have already been awarded
the scholarships listed above, please see Scholarship Conditions.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities