Undergraduate Admission Scholarships
The University Admissions Office offers a variety of merit-based scholarships for new freshman and transfer students.
To apply for these scholarships, submit a complete application for admission (including all transcripts and applicable fee waivers) by the deadlines below. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive a notification in your TU Admissions Portal.
Scholarships are awarded based on a competitive review process that includes academic performance and rigor, college essay, and extra-curricular activities. Award amounts vary and are only available to fall term applicants.
Fall Deadline: Submit a complete admission application by the November 15 Early Action deadline.
Scholarships are awarded based on a competitive review process that includes attempted and earned college credits and cumulative college GPA. Award amounts vary and are available to fall and spring term applicants.
Fall Deadline: Submit a complete admission application by the March 1 Early Action deadline.
Spring Deadline: Submit a complete admission application by the November 15 Early Action deadline.
All these scholarships require full-time fall and spring enrollment. For the award payment and renewal conditions for recipients of these scholarships, see Scholarship Conditions.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Honors College Scholarships — These $1,250 scholarships are awarded to fall applicants (freshman and transfer) who are admitted to the Honors College. Students must submit a complete application for fall admission and a complete Honors College application apply to the Honors College by November 15.
- Review our Departmental Scholarships listings for specific TU majors including our Science & Math programs.
- Use the TU Scholarship Seeker to search all available TU, MHEC and TU Foundation Scholarships.
- If you are a Maryland resident, apply for these state aid programs from the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC). (Their application process includes options for citizens and undocumented or DACA students.)
- Search for Private Scholarships.
- If you have an exceptional academic record, also see Competitive Fellowships & Awards.
- Search for International Student Scholarships.