Financial Aid & Scholarships
There is an extensive array of financial aid programs for TU education majors offered through the State of Maryland and Towson University.
- Need-Based Grants
- Legislative Scholarships
- Career-Occupation-Based Grants and Scholarships
- Unique Populations
- Loan Assistance Repayment Programs
CCCPDF is a tuition assistance program for child care providers to obtain a college education at participating colleges/universities in Maryland.
CCCDPDF Eligibility Requirements:
- Admitted to or attending Towson University
- Early Childhood, Special Education (ECSE, ESSE) or Elementary Education majors
- Proof of credentials at level two or higher
- Must work at a licensed childcare facility for at least ten hours per week (proof of employment required)
- Satisfies COE Program Admission requirements when applicable.
- New recipients and transfers: March 1, 2022
- TU continuing recipients: June 1, 2022
To apply, schedule a meeting with the TU CCCPDF Coordinator, Dr. Ocie Watson-Thompson at owatson-thompson AT_TOWSON.
The College of Education has more than 65 TU Foundation scholarships available for current College of Education majors. COE students can apply for TU Foundation scholarships for the next academic year by completing one application through TU's centralized application system during December and January of the prior academic year. The centralized application system makes applying for Foundation scholarships easier by helping students identify opportunities based on their eligibility and allowing them to apply for multiple scholarships with a single application. Eligibility criteria vary for each scholarship, but students with a GPA lower than 3.0 are less likely to be considered.
To apply for a COE-specific TU Foundation scholarship, students will need to fill out the centralized application and also upload the following:
- College-level essay on a person who inspired you to pursue a career in teaching (1-2 pages)
- Reference letter from a professor
Current and prospective TU students who have already applied for admission are eligible to apply for TU Foundation scholarships which have been established through the TU Foundation and made available by private donors.
Login to TU's Academic Works system to apply.Apply Now
Other Opportunities for Education Majors
The Maryland State Department of Budget and Management (DBM) has asked for TU’s assistance in spreading the word about their Student Loan Repayment Plan program. This program helps Maryland state employees repay student loans. Eligible applicants can learn more by clicking this announcement or looking up the DBM's SmartWork Initiative. The program is for students in specific occupational areas including teachers and principals.