You will apply for the Elementary Education program the second semester of your sophomore year.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for the ELED Major
- Complete all courses of the Pre-Professional Program (left side of the ELED checklist)
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- B in ELED 320
- C or better in all required courses
Submit an Individualized Degree Completion Plan no later than the completion of 45 credits.
The Elementary Education Checklist is used as a guide only. ALL pre-major and major requirements must be verified by the student from the student’s Towson University People Soft account.
- Verification shall be found in the Academic Requirements section of the student’s People Soft account.
Per university policy (Intentional Advising) student must meet each semester with advisor to
- Monitor progress toward degree requirements, and
- Remove academic advising hold.
Student shall maintain copies of all department advising documents.
Student must attend all meetings pertaining to entrance into the program and subsequent levels. Meeting dates, times and locations are posted on ELED website and outside the ELED office. Mandatory meetings include:
- A Level I meeting
- A Level II meeting
- A Level III meeting
- A Level III meet and greet with PDS Liaisons
- You must meet with your advisor every semester to review your plan of study and to review your candidate status once admitted to the program. In order to maintain candidate status, you must maintain a 3.0 GPA.