Faculty/Staff Help Center
The OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center is the primary point-of-contact for computing questions and technology issue resolution for TU faculty and staff. If you are a student, please contact Student Computing Services for assistance.
The Faculty/Staff Help Center can resolve more than 60% of problems and issues during the first telephone call. When necessary, the staff will arrange for an office visit by a technician using our Triage and Service prioritization (PDF).
Call 410-704-5151 during the hours listed below, and follow the voice menu options.After Hours FAQ (PDF)
- Fall and Spring Semester: Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m-7 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- January and Summer: Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- After Hours (All Year): Assistance is available nights, weekends and holidays through our support partner whenever the campus Faculty/Staff Help Center is closed. Please listen to the recording for instructions when calling after hours.
Get a quick response from a Faculty/Staff Help Center staff member during our business hours. Click the Chat with Faculty/Staff Help Center button at the bottom of the screen to start a chat.
OTS, with your permission, can view your desktop or take control of your computer to fix problems, install software or demonstrate a process. This remote control service is available for computers connected to TU's wired network (currently not available over wireless networks).
Issues that can't be resolved by phone are assigned within one hour to a technician who will contact you within four business hours to schedule an appointment. We operate out of three campus precinct offices for rapid response. Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:30a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Submit a TechHelp online service request with technology-related problems or questions. An OTS technician will respond to your request.Submit a TechHelp
Information on frequently requested topics:
- NetIDs and Email
- Duo Multi-Factor Authentication
- Suspicious email and phishing
- Configuring your Smartphone for TU email
- Request Temporary Computer Administrator rights (TCAR)
- Audiovisual and Computer Technology in Classroom and Computer labs
- Support for Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones
- Towson Online Services How To's: Stratus Financials
- Campus Solutions
- Quick reference guide of technology services and resources for all employees.
How are we doing? The CIO of the Office of Technology Services wants to hear from you! Submit your feedback using our online form.Online Feedback Form