The Towson University Counseling Center is here to assist students who have been victims of sexual violence. We also work hard to educate the university community about sexual violence and violence prevention.
Hospitals / Specialty Trained Forensic Nurse Examiners
- SAFE Exams:
Both GBMC and Mercy hospitals perform sexual assault forensic exams (S.A.F.E.). If you think you may want to press charges, you may want to receive a SAFE exam to preserve evidence. The exam must be completed within 120 hours of the assault.
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center, 6701 North Charles Street, 443-849-3323
- Mercy Medical Center, 301 St. Paul Place, 410-332-9499
You can also seek care at any local hospital even if you think you don’t want to press charges.
- Turnaround: Nonprofit organization helping individuals and families affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, and sexual abuse through counseling and advocacy programs.
24 Hour-Hotline, 443-279-0379
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MCASA) 1-800-893-RAPE (7273)
- Sexual Assault Legal Institute (SALI) 301-565-2277 Organization providing free legal services to survivors of sexual assault
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) 1800-656-HOPE (4673) National Sexual Assault 24 Hour Hotline
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline
- Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women
- Manavi Helpline
- “Voices of Courage: Inspiration from Survivors of Sexual Assault”Anyone can download all 26 audio tracks of the book (12 chapters plus interviews with each survivor after their chapter) for FREE. With the download of the audio tracks, people can also download the complete ebook for free.
- SAFER: Students Active for Ending Rape
- Voices of Courage – edited by Mike Domitrz
- Shattered -- Debra Puglisi Sharp's
- Still Loved by the Sun: A Rape Survivor's Journal -- Migael Scherer
- Victims No Longer -- Mike Lew (a book for male survivors)
- I Never Called it Rape -- Robin Warsaw
- Fraternity Gang Rape -- Peggy Reeves Sanday
- Your Sexual Healing Journey -- Wendy Maltz
- The Rape Victim – Mary Koss & Mary Harvey
- The Rape Recovery Handbook – Aphrodite Matsakis