The Intercollegiate Athletics Committee consists of five elected faculty members and
three students appointed by the Student Government Association (SGA) President
||Business Analytics and Technology Management
||Secondary and Middle School Education
|Ashley Santo, Chair
||Title IX & Civil Rights Investigator, Inclusion & Institutional Equity
||Associate Vice President, Administration & Finance, University Budget Office
||Associate Provost, Provost Rep
||Chairperson, English, FAR
||Vice President, University Advancement
||Vice Chair, Kinesiology
Director of Athletics
|Tricia Turley Brandenburg
||Deputy Director of Athletics/SWA
||Director, Campus Recreation Services
The Intercollegiate Athletics Committee meets on the second Thursday of each month
from 3:30-5pm during the academic year.
According to the Academic Senate Constitution, the responsibilities of the Intercollegiate
Athletics Committee include:
- To advise, oversee, and establish responsibilities for all areas of administration
of the intercollegiate athletics program.
- To insure that the athletics program is in philosophical compliance with the goals
of the University.
- To insure that all athletes conform to University, National Collegiate Athletics Association,
and affiliated conference standards regarding normal progress toward a degree by requiring
verification of academic eligibility from the Registrar or Faculty Athletics Representative
at the beginning of each semester of each athlete's competitive season.
- To affirm the University's commitment to compliance with all University, NCAA, and
affiliated conference guidelines for recruiting by processing all alleged violations
that come to its attention and reporting all alleged violations to the Director of
Athletics for appropriate action.
- To monitor, in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, adherence to University-mandated,
NCAA, and affiliated conference standards of ethical conduct by all student-athletes,
coaches, and other personnel connected with the intercollegiate athletics program.
- To determine, in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, in which sports the University
will be represented, the level of emphasis of each represented sport, and the size
of the competing squads.
- To establish, in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, policies regarding the
number and scheduling of contests, scheduling of practices, and other related matters.
- To participate fully in budget preparation at the final stages, to recommend approval
or disapproval to the Director of Athletics and/or the Vice President for Institutional
Development, and to insure equitable competition by guaranteeing that adequate funding
is granted to each sponsored sport in compliance with the approved degree of emphasis
and all Title IX requirements.
- To participate in interviewing candidates for the position of Director of Athletics
and to cast one vote in the selection process.
- To participate in all decisions related to governing and regulatory bodies and conference
affiliations by the action of the Faculty Athletics Representative.
- To provide an annual report to the Academic Senate.