Academic Standards Committee
The Academic Standards Committee consists of seven elected faculty (one from each college including the library), two students appointed by the president of the Student Government Association (SGA), and seven ex-officio members.
Mona Mohamed, CHAIR
Business Analytics and Technology Management
|Languages, Literatures, & Cultures
|Early Childhood Education
Ex-Officio and Voting
|Associate Registrar (Registrar's representative)
|Assistant Director for Academic Standards (Secretary)
|Inclusion & Institutional Equity Representative
Ex-Officio and Non-voting
|Associate Director, University Admissions
|Academic Advisor, Academic Advising, Retention & Completion Office
|Rector, Honors College
The committee meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month throughout the semester, plus additional sessions in the minimester and summer.
According to the Academic Senate Constitution, the responsibilities of the Academic Standards Committee are:
- To establish all policies governing the academic status of the undergraduate University student, such as classification, good standing, probation, graduation, grading system, and dismissal.
- To review, approve, and update academic policies (such as the University's Latin Honor's policies.)
- To interpret academic policies in ambiguous cases as requested by administrators and faculty.
- To approve or disapprove appeals submitted by students for late drops or withdrawals, for reconsideration of placement on academic warning, suspension, or dismissal, for unusual or special programs in all academic sessions of the University, for parts of programs to be taken at other institutions, for any exceptions to the degree requirements because of unusual circumstances, and for reconsideration of any decisions made by the Committee.
- To establish policies governing readmission;
- To approve or disapprove all applications for readmission to the University following academic dismissal.