This program has rolling admissions--in order to ensure timely processing we recommend
submitting your application by August 1 for fall admission, December 1 for spring
admission, and May 1 for summer admission. While we will continue to accept applications
and materials after these dates, we cannot guarantee that your application will be
reviewed in time for the start of classes.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university* Applicants
may be in a graduate program at Towson University or elsewhere, but they need not
be. Applicants who are currently enrolled in a graduate program must submit proof
of their graduate standing in a degree program. Persons not currently enrolled in
a graduate program must have a baccalaureate GPA of 3.0 or higher (a 2.75 for conditional
- 9 units in Women’s Studies and/or the social sciences.
- Two letters of recommendation at least one of which must be from a college academician
(Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application).
- An admission essay describing career goals and the planned focus of graduate work.
* See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.
Applications must be submitted prior to the start of the term in which the person
wishes to be admitted to the program.
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions